A great life doesn’t happen by chance. It’s the result of having goals and skillfully allocating your resources in order to reach them. These resources include your thoughts, time, and energy.
Ultimately, a great life comes from taking the 24 hours you’re given each day and using them in a wise manner. This is more effective than just dealing with the next item on your endless list of chores or reacting to what’s happening around you.
The key is in being proactive to create the life you desire.
Consider making these action tips a part of your daily routine:
Get started. Avoid waiting for the perfect time or you’ll be waiting forever. It may be tempting to keep putting things off until you reach some milestone. But instead, take the first step to realizing your success and start now.
Create an excess of everything valuable. A great life is largely the result of having more than you absolutely need. You can apply this concept to time, money, fun, space, energy, love, friends, and anything else that matters to you.
- What if you saved 5 years of living expenses and had 3 days a week to do what you want?
- Wouldn’t it be nice to have so many friends that you could easily find someone available for a night on the town?
- Can you imagine making 5 times the amount of money you need to pay your bills and getting to enjoy your life?
Simplify your life. Eliminate the things from your life that aren’t bringing you enjoyment or contributing to your success. Everything else is a distraction. By doing this, you free up the time and energy to focus on the important stuff.
Prioritize. Give the most important items in your life the highest priority. Consider the people you know that seem to constantly struggle. You’ll likely see that their priorities aren’t leading them to success. If you focus on irrelevant things, your life doesn’t move in a positive direction.
- If you accurately prioritize and allocate your resources accordingly, success will be just around the corner.
- Choose the life you want. The only alternative is to rely on random luck.
Remove the superfluous from your life. How many things in your life are physically and emotionally draining? Do everything you can to eliminate the distractions in your life and your energy level and productivity will soar.
Strive for excellence. Great lives come from great effort. Are you spending your time and money in the best way possible? Your best effort isn’t simply “trying really hard.” It’s also doing your best to figure out where to focus your energy. Be effective and efficient.
Control your thinking. Taking charge of your thoughts is a huge priority. If you look at most of the previous tips, they’re about making it easier to control your thoughts.
- Simplifying, having priorities, and removing distractions will all help you to control your thoughts. The more time you can spend focusing on your goals, finding solutions, and believing, the more successful you’ll become.
Success is the result of simplifying, focusing your resources, and controlling your thoughts. You already have everything you need to get started. The other things you require will be found along the way.
Start implementing these ideas today. They’re the backbone for creating a life you’ll love.